Saturday, December 31, 2011

Resolved!

Happy New Year one and all!

As it is the beginning of the year 2012 I thought I would follow in the glorious tradition of old and jot down my resolutions for the upcoming year. Hardly an original thought I grant you but a fine one nonetheless. So without further ado.


RESOLVED - To become conversational in French I am tempted to say fluent but that feels a bit ambitious (this is a bit of a freebie in one sense, due to the fact that I must enroll in French courses in order to receive my desired assignment in Africa) but I truly want to dedicate my self to diligently study and commit to memory this Language in order to be better prepared to live and serve in Africa, and to share the good news of salvation in their native tongue.

RESOLVED - To utilize my copy of Operation World and commit to praying for a different people group every week.

RESOLVED - To exercising greater wisdom and frugality in regards to my finances. Although I have made some strides in this area this year there is still much room for improvement!

RESOLVED - To commit ("you keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means") to memory the book of James. I love this book of the Bible and I truly want to make scripture memorization a priority this year.

RESOLVED - To be less self focussed and more aware of others. To seek God's approval not man's.

RESOLVED - To be unswerving in my devotion to God by the constant filling of my soul through the absorbing of His knowledge and truth written down for me in the Bible.

God I pray that you would give me the grace and the strength to become more like your glorious Son this year. And to bring glory and honor to you! You truly are the only one deserving of my worship!

Amen


No comments:

Post a Comment