Well the day has finally arrived!! Tonight (in 21 hours...it's 1:00 in the morning....how do you say insomnia?) I start my journey to Madagascar with layovers in London and South Africa along the way. I have spent the last two days in Atlanta, Georgia at AIM's headquarters for my orientation! I have met so many amazing people! In particular my ladies; Allie, Lindsey, Lisa, and Racheal who are all headed to Uganda for the summer! Love you girls and praying for you all! I truly treasure your friendships!
These few days here have been such an encouragement to my soul and a deepening of my relationship with Jesus Christ and an anticipation for my mission!
I am so excited to see what this year will have in store. I know there will be good days and bad, tears will be shed - happy and sad, laughter will abound, friendships formed, mistakes made, lessons learned, a new language acquired (hopefully :]), learning to teach and to be taught, loneliness, and joy,....and maybe, just maybe some cooking skills??? :)
And through it all my prayer is that this year would be a year of drawing ever nearer to my Savior and Lord Jesus Christ! Oh, this is my desire!! A year of greater hunger for His word. A year where my ultimate goal is for His name to be made great, not my own! A year of a more intimate personal relationship through consistent and constant prayer! A year where His glory is on full display to the Malagasy people. A year of living life that shows the love of Christ to all I encounter! A year where I am used as a vessel by God to bring other sheep into His fold! This is my prayer! I would be so blessed if you would join me in these prayers!
Blessings to you all!
Lauren
Awesome Lauren - Our family will be praying for you! I have no doubt that your desires you have written above will be the fruit of your time in Africa and MUCH MORE! God bless you!
ReplyDeleteLove, Katie Nash
Awesome blog post, Lauren! We'll be praying for you, that you'll grow in the Lord, and that your love for Jesus will have a huge impact on the kingdom and the future sheep you'll minister to :) also, I'm excited that Atlanta was such an encouraging time and that you were able to be around others who share your passion for reaching the continent of Africa! p.s. can't wait to see pictures of your new home!!
ReplyDelete