Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Antsirabe, Madagascar!!!!

I am so excited! Yesterday Stephanie contacted me and told me Madagascar would love for me to come and serve for a year with them! She said due to a change in leadership in Chad it is not a viable option at this point. So I am laying that dream down for now and embracing this assignment in Madagascar! :) Here is a description of my assignment.

ECA is a long-established, Malagasy-run school with a clear vision for reaching youth in the highlands town of Antsirabe. Volunteers are involved in facilitating English conversation clubs, drama clubs, games/sports, and film discussions with the intent of building relationships with youth and finding opportunities to share the Gospel message with them. There are also opportunities to train the ECA staff and teachers (computers and English), help with library work and lead worship. Stephanie informed me that there is currently a AIM couple and a single already serving there so I will have some great built in fellowship! So exciting!

We are nailing down the dates, but it looks like I will be leaving early June! Yikes...that is just 4 1/2 short months away! There is so much to do! Please keep me in your prayers! In the next week or so they will work out my individualized budget and then I will begin support raising (gulp). While fluency in French is not required for this position it is encouraged so I will also be attempting to bolster up my vocab in the coming months.

Now that I have my assignment it suddenly feels so much more real. This is really happening....I get to go to Africa and share the Gospel! Wow! What a privilege! God is so gracious to use imperfect, flawed people to share the wonderful news of salvation!

My posts will be most likely be more frequent in the coming weeks as I will be updating you on the status of my trip, my French, and support.

I am so so grateful for you prayers!

I thought I would include a map of where I will be living for the next year. In the middle of the map there are three green dots the bottom green dot is Antsirabe. =)

4 comments:

  1. Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    Love, Katie

    ReplyDelete
  2. We are excited for you Lauren!! Hope to do all we can to help you along the way. With love and prayers...Uncle James and Aunt Karen...and the rest of the kids:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you guys!! I love you all so much! Give the kids a hug from me! <3

      Delete