Okay....! Madagscar update!
I am now officially official! On June 11th I will fly out to AIM's base of operation in Peachtree, Georgia for two days of orientation, and then (drum roll please!) on June 13th I will depart for Madagascar! With a planned return date of June 5th 2013.
As far as housing goes, one of the AIM missionaries there has very kindly offered to let me stay with her until I acclimate to my new home and culture. And then I will move in with a local Malagasy family for the remainder of my time there! So so excited! What an awesome opportunity!
In the next few days they will be working out my individual budget, once that is in place I will begin raising support. I confess this is more than a little scary for me, but I am sure this is going to be an awesome time of learning to trust in God more fully and to rely completely on Him.
If any of you have any good fund raising ideas I would love to hear them!! Leave a comment. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment